The “Enjoy a Lakeside Trip Accompanied by Cherry Blossoms” project was being launched by the Alishan Forest Railway to promote its cruise trains. This tourist plan is preceded by “Let’s Travel by the Forest Rail” held in September 2014, also a cruise-train promotion highly popular among visitors.
“Enjoy a Lakeside Trip Accompanied by Cherry Blossoms” offers Package A and Package B, both of which include tourist bus services. (Itineraries are listed in the attachments.) Visitors are free to choose their preferred package. Each trip takes 200 passengers only (Package A: 100; Package B: also 100). Fee is NT$620 per person, including forest train fare, tourist bus fare, and admission to the Zhulu Community.
Booking may be completed as groups or individuals. Group booking starts 29 days prior to the day of departure. Individual booking starts 15 days prior to that. Things to know are as follows:
(1) Train departure dates (in the first season of 2015, and out of service during the Chinese New Year)
1. January: 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
2. February: 4th, 11th, 25th
3. March: 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
(2) Booking for individual visitors:
1. Booking is possible 15 days prior to the day of departure. For instance, booking for the train that departs on January 7 will become available on December 24 in the previous year.
2. Booking starts at 10 a.m.
3. There are 60 seats in total. Each person may book maximum four seats per call.
For more information, please call +886-5-2229010, or +886-5-2256918.